Indoor Plant Care Technician
Come Join Our Team!
We are growing fast and need a Tropical Plant Care Technician for a route covering Downtown Toronto to join our team.
The ideal candidate has experience in the interiorscape industry, or, at least extensive knowledge of caring for indoor, tropical plants, lives downtown or is willing to use GO & TTC to travel between accounts, and knows the city well.
We are looking at permanent-part-time (2 days per week) to start, but are very interested in someone who wants to grow with us and take on more work and responsibilities as they come.
We pay above minimum wage + mileage. Amount of remuneration depends on knowledge and experience.
Plantpros is growing at a fast rate, and we need your help!
We're looking for that someone special who is absolutely passionate about plants and people. Your duties would include caring for and keeping office plants beautiful, healthy and vibrant for all to enjoy in the workplace.
If you’re not afraid of hard, physical work and want to help us serve our amazing customers who, by the way, deserve the very best, then read on.
MUST HAVES (Just so we don’t waste anyone's time.)
- A winning personality
- Proven, previous Customer service experience
- Car and valid drivers licence and insurance
- Cell phone with text and photo capabilities
- Email access for filing reports, time-sheets and ongoing communication
- Excellent English language skills -- both written and verbal
- A strong foundation of indoor tropical plant care knowledge -- either through experience or Horticulture Diploma/Certification
- The ability to learn plant names, identify and diagnose problems and apply solutions
(I kid-you-not This is very physically, demanding work -- yet extremely rewarding!)
- Physically fit and strong
- Ability to lift containers, plants and soil -- up to 50 lb
- Ability to walk for long periods of time
- Capable of lifting 45lb watering-machine in and out of your vehicle
- Capable of repeatedly carrying and lifting 20lb watering cans overhead
- Capable of carrying 20lb watering cans up a flight of stairs
- Ability to bend and stoop, reach and stretch to service plants, clean out plant debris and maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
- Able to climb a ladder without a fear of heights
- Excellent hand dexterity for handling pruners, scissors, saws, hoses and attachments in a safe and efficient manner
A DAY IN THE LIFE
There’s lots of driving, heavy lifting (up to fifty pounds), bending and walking … and sometimes talking. Tropical Plant Maintenance Technicians travel from account to account -- on a designated route -- caring for live, tropical plants in commercial spaces. We provide all equipment and the much envied bright-green Plantpros Ts that we wear with pride!
- smiling and having fun!
- driving (or transit in Toronto) between commercial accounts on a scheduled route
- watering plants using watering cans or watering tank for larger accounts
- fertilizing / cleaning / regular dusting / pruning / rotating
- removing damaged or unattractive foliage and debris from plants
- pest and disease control
- relocating plants for customers with carts or dollies or ladder
- maintaining a professional appearance and performance at all times
- handling and articulating customer inquiries and complaints
- working with the customer and the Plantpros’ team with the goal of a happy ending
- Flexibility in adjusting work schedule on short notice
Some days will be longer than others, depending on what needs to be done. You might also be asked to lend a helping hand and work with the team on larger projects and installations, which may include:
- Loading and unloading plants and containers on and off of trucks and vans
- Using dollies and carts to install plants and containers into client's site
WHO ARE WE?
We’re a thriving Interiorscape company dedicated to caring for our customers and their plants. Our job is to help create a vibrant, healthy workplace for those we serve. We take enormous pride in building great, long-term relationships while having a lot of fun along the way.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You’re fun, energetic, and love to grow and expand your knowledge of plants and their care.
- You’re customer services skills are through the roof. And, by that I mean you listen, listen, listen; you excel at taking action to solve problems; and you articulate well.
- Hard physical work excites you. Your body demands to move.
- The best part of your work is the reward of a satisfied customer and a sense of accomplishment by providing the result they need.
- You don’t mind being asked to perform extra duties, stay late, or come in an extra day. (With pay—of course.)
- You have common sense, can work equally well alone or as part of our fabulous team!
- You have great attention to detail. You wouldn’t dream of settling for anything less than perfect! … well, almost perfect.
- You take serious responsibility for your work.
If this is you and we haven’t scared you off, here's how to apply:
- please submit an up-to-date resume outlining plant-care and customer service experience
- please submit a cover letter telling us why you think you’re a perfect fit for our team, including personal tidbits about what you like to do in your spare time, your passion for plants, and how you excel at customer service.
SUBMIT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your time. We appreciate it and look forward to hearing from you.